Random hit points: 41 38 36 42 39 28 40 39 42 37
|Large Monstrous Humanoid
||6d8+12 (39 hp)
||30 ft. (6 squares)
||14 (-1 size, +5 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 14
||Greataxe +9 melee (3d6+6/x3) or gore +9 melee (1d8+4)
||Greataxe +9/+4 melee (3d6+6/x3) and gore +4 melee (1d8+2)
||10 ft./10 ft.
||Powerful charge 4d6+6
||Darkvision 60 ft., natural cunning, scent
||Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +5
||Str 19, Dex 10, Con 15, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 8
||Intimidate +2, Listen +7, Search +2, Spot +7
||Great Fortitude, Power Attack, Track
||Solitary, pair, or gang (3-4)
||Usually chaotic Evil
||By character class
A minotaur stands more than 7 feet tall and weighs about 700 pounds.
Minotaurs speak Giant.
Minotaurs prefer melee combat, where their great strength serves them well.
Powerful Charge (Ex): A minotaur typically begins a battle by charging at an opponent, lowering its head to bring its mighty horns into play. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the beast to make a single gore attack with a +9 attack bonus that deals 4d6+6 points of damage.
Natural Cunning (Ex): Although minotaurs are not especially intelligent, they possess innate cunning and logical ability. This gives them immunity to maze spells, prevents them from ever becoming lost, and enables them to track enemies. Further, they are never caught flat-footed.
Skills: Minotaurs have a +4 racial bonus on Search, Spot, and Listen checks.
Minotaurs as Characters
Minotaur characters possess the following racial traits.
- +8 Strength, +4 Constitution, -4 Intelligence (minimum 3), -2 Charisma.
- Large size. -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
-A minotaur's base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A minotaur begins with six levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A minotaur's monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 9 x ?(2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Search, and Spot. Minotaurs have a +4 racial bonus on Search, Spot, and Listen checks.
- Racial Feats: A minotaur's monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- Weapon Proficiency: A minotaur is proficient with the greataxe and all simple weapons.
- +5 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Gore (1d8).
- Special Attacks (see above): Powerful charge.
- Special Qualities (see above): Natural cunning, scent.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Giant. Bonus Languages: Orc, Goblin, Terran.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level adjustment +2.